- SURGISPON is a sterile haemostatic absorbable gelatin sponge made from highly purified pharmaceutical grade gelatin (lyophilized hydrolyzed collagen) foam, which gives ita uniform porosity & reacts neutrally.
- The dried foam is cut, packaged and sterilized using gamma radiation.
- SURGISPON is immediately available for use in the operating theatre and does not require any sterilisation by dry heat or autoclaving
- SURGISPON may be used in combination with antibiotics, thrombin, and chemotherapeutics without reduction of the sponge's haemostatic effect.
SURGISPON fulfills the surgical need for haemostasis with simple efficiency:
- Saves Valuable time for surgeons
- Reduces post-operative time and fastens recovery time for the patient
- Gamma Sterile and ready to use
- Easy to cut according to need
- Secure and speedy haemostasis Significantly reduces blood loss
- Absorbs 40-50 times its own weight of water/oxalate
- No reported side effects
- Does not interfere with tissue healing Leaves no residue and encapsulation
- Extremely Cost effective
- As a Haemostatic in Surgery
- As a sealant with Thrombin
- Vehicle for other Drugs
- Used as a vehicle for other drugs/ antibiotics such as penicillin.
- Single box contains 32 pieces of dental cubes (1cm x 1cm x 1cm)