ICPA Xicaine Dental Anaesthetic - 30ml
MRP : ₹31.40
XICAINE is a lignocaine based anaesthetic in sterile injectable form.
Lignocaine stabilizes the neuronal membrane and prevents the initiation and conduction of nerve impulses, thereby effecting local anaesthetic action.
Lignocaine is metabolised mainly in the liver and excreted via the kidneys. Approximately 90% of lignocaine administered is excreted in the form of various metabolites, while less than 10% is excreted unchanged.
The presence of adrenalin, a vasoconstrictor, in the formulation prolongs the action of the anaesthetic in localizing the latter to the site of injection. Therefore, the rate at which the anaesthetic passes into the bloodstream is reduced.
In addition, the vasoconstrictor reduces haemorrhaging during surgical procedures in the vicinity of the injection thus facilitating clinical care.
- - Local anesthetics reversibly block nerve transmission, when applied to a limited area of the body.
- - They bind to the sodium channels in the nerve membrane and prevent the entry of sodium ions in response to the membrane’s depolarization.
- - A vasoconstrictor like Adrenaline added to a local anaesthetic may significantly prolong the anaesthetic’s duration of action by reducing the blood flow around the injection site.
- - This in turn may reduce the local anaesthetic’s peak plasma concentration and the risk of adverse systemic reactions.
- - Lignocaine Hydrochloride I.P. 2%
- - Adrenaline I.P. 1:80,000