Formaldehyde Solution IP 1966 (Formalin) - 400ml
MRP : ₹106.00
- Precise pH value
- Accurate composition
- Safe to use
- It is a solution in water of the gas formaldehyde (CH2O).
- A saturated solution contains about 40% by volume — or 37% by weight of the gas, plus a small amount of a stabilizer, usually 10-12% methanol; this prevents polymerization.
- The liquid is used as an embalming fluid and for the preservation of animal specimens and tissue samples.
- It is also used, generally in a much more dilute form, as a disinfectant, and anti-bacterial wash and in aquariums for treating parasite infections in fish.
- An aqueous solution of formaldehyde can be useful as a disinfectant as it kills most bacteria and fungi (including their spores).
- Formaldehyde solutions are applied topically in medicine to dry the skin, such as in the treatment of warts.