- HEMOCOLL (Absorbable Sterile Fibrillar Collagen Wound Filler – Hemostatic agent)
ADVANTAGES OF HEMOCOLL COLLAGEN FIBRES:
- The high purity collagen bres of Hemocoll naturally attract and aggregates platelets, enhancing the clotting process better than the partially denatured or gelatinized collagen
- It needs only minimal preparation time because, unlike other agents, the native collagen fibrillar Hemocoll does not require thrombin to enhance its efficacy
- After five to ten minutes, excess Hemocoll collagen fibres should be removed, either by teasing away or by irrigation with saline, followed by aspiration.
- If breakthrough bleeding occurs in areas of thin application, additional Hemocoll may be applied.
-The amount required will depend on the severity of bleeding.
- Hemocoll collagen fibre is derived from a bovine or ovine source and should not be used in patients with known sensitivity to such material.
- Hemocoll should be kept in a clean, dry location. It can be stored at ambient room temperature and it is risk-free between -18°C to 40°C or 0°F to 104°F.
- Hemocoll collagen fibre shelf life is 3 years
|Catalogue Number||Product Size - ml||Packaging design|
|7002.C-1||0.25gm (Approx. 2.5ml)||1 Unit / Pouch|
|7002.C-2||0.50gm (Approx. 5ml)||1 Unit / Pouch|